Subject: Re: a lamer newbie letter
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <jhsterne@mindspring.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/26/1997 11:04:50
[request for advice from LCIII/P450 owners running NetBSD]

I've been running NetBSD on a P450 sans FPU since late January and
it has been very solid.  I have found that the machine only runs
right with a subset of the available kernels. (I seem to recall one
of the gurus posting something about that...)

In any event, I am running GENERICSBC-26 and it has never given me
any problems at all.  My current uptime is nearly 14 days (since the
last time I nailed the breaker ;) - I can't run to many things at once
in this apartment...)

Many of the other GENERICSBC versions wouldn't boot, or would only
run in single user (GENERICSBC-27 comes to mind - I haven't tried
#30 myself.)

I also have had no success with the HWDIRECT and MADHATTER kernels
that I've tried.

So you might want to boot GENERICSBC-26 and see how that goes.

J.