Subject: a lamer-newbie letter
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jens Thordarson <ktz@if.is>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/23/1997 23:43:23
Hey guys...

        My system: an LCIII 68030 with a 68882 FPU and 8Megs of RAM, about
70% of the 80Meg (64meg root&usr) disk full of -current base, comp, etc,
man and GENERIC-30 kernel. I know it's a small system...but it should be
enough for me). It's supposed to be used for fun, but not as a network
server or anything...so here's my prob. No extra cards or stuff....

   My netbsd is giving me a hard time (If it wasn't my netbsd I prolly
wouldn't be mailing to you)....well...I've got a question for
you....especially those who have run netbsd on LCIIIs/P450s...I've got
NetBSD up and running....well.....almost...the problem is that it has
booted without any errors about 3 or 4 times of the about 500 I have tried
the last two weeks, it has hanged in almost every part of the startup
process after the filesystem has taken over the boot process from the
kernel (Or that's what I think it does...).
What happens is that it just hangs....and doesnt take any orders.....just
hangs.....then I push the lovely interrupt thing.....and look what
happens....I can type a letter or two and then everything is frozen and I
have to do a hard reboot, damaging the filesystems....enough for me having
to run fsck a billion times....Well....IF I get the system up and
running....then I get another nice problem.....those segmentation
faults....illegal instructions....and some programs......Especially ls and
the c/c++ compilers start crashing.....
I'm sorry if this is a totally stupid question, but I couldn't help it...

Thankyou

katZup_

PS: Does anyone know if NetBSD would work on an LC475 with a full 040?