Subject: Re: Hurdler NuBus serial card
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: Jonathan Lennox <lennox@cs.columbia.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/23/1997 16:45:46
On Thu, May 22 1997, "Bill Studenmund" wrote to "Michael R Zucca, amitai.schlair@usa.net, port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG" saying:

> I'm not sure if an lkm'd be the right way to test this driver out. The
> M.I. 8530 driver doesn't deal well (not at all, actually) with detatching
> a device. So once you load it, it probably won't detatch well. Also, I'm
> not sure if NuBus interrupt handlers can be detatched. But this code should
> be simple enough to not need much debugging.

A general question -- if we get these boards working, would it be possible
to run the serial console over them?  I have a Hustler (the 2-port version)
for my Quadra 950, so if I could use the Hustler's serial port as a serial
console I might possibly be able to get the machine booting despite the lack
of IOP support...

--
Jonathan Lennox
lennox@cs.columbia.edu