Subject: Re: Installer fails 'make devices'
To: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
From: B. Alex King III <king@sunphy1.phy.uic.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/22/1997 12:04:48
I doubt that the jaz drive is the main problem.  I run MacBSD on a jaz
drive formatted by Silverlining (the newest update from the La Cie web
site), mkfs 1.4 and installer 1.1d since February (currently running the
4/2/97 snapshot).  Nothing special, just a standard install.  The only
problem I ran into was the need for an sbc kernel.  Oh, and I also boot
from MacOS 7.6.1.
bak
|*******************************|***************************************|
|B. Alex King III		|University of Illinois at Chicago	|
|email:	aking@uic.edu		|Department of Physics 		  	|
|*******************************|***************************************|

On Wed, 21 May 1997, Space Case wrote:

> I'm trying to set up a Jaz drive on my C610 ('LC040) and am not having
> luck getting devices made.  I have made attempts installing all packages,
> base and etc only, and on a freshly formatted filesystem.  I have used
> Installers 1.4e, 1.1 and 1.0.  All attempts have the same failure at the
[snip]
> One other variable is that I'm currently running System 8.0beta, but I don't
> see how that would affect it.
>
> I _have_ managed a successful boot on the cartridge, if I cpout fstab.sd and
> cpin it as fstab (the Jaz is first on the SCSI chain), but fsck didn't like
> the 'LC040 -- time to go dig the full '040 out of storage (I don't normally
> run with it because it doesn't like my floppy for some reason)...
[snip]