Subject: Re: Hurdler NuBus serial card
To: Amitai Schlair <amitai.schlair@usa.net>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/22/1997 12:56:48
> This card adds four serial ports to a NuBus Mac and is pretty well
> engineered by all accounts, as many apps can find and use the additional
> ports without the need for drivers (though the package does include
> them, of course!).

They do need drivers.  The card has some basic drivers on it (in the
PROM).  I have the 2-port version and started to work on it, but never
got much response from the company after they sent me the card a while
back.  I'm tempted to go ahead and reverse-engineer it, but their docs
are rather explicit about forbidding that, and I figure that I've got
better things to do with my time, anyway.

-allen

--
              Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@macbsd.com