Subject: Re: Hurdler NuBus serial card
To: Amitai Schlair <amitai.schlair@usa.net>
From: Michael R Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/22/1997 12:09:18
> This card adds four serial ports to a NuBus Mac and is pretty well
> engineered by all accounts, as many apps can find and use the additional
> ports without the need for drivers (though the package does include
> them, of course!).
>
> Does NetBSD support the serial ports added by the Hurdler card?

No. However, I think the Hurdler uses standard Zilog ESCC chips. Coding
a nice little LKM shouldn't be too hard. Just figure out where the chip
bases are in NuBus space, point the zs* driver at them, and then handle
the NuBus interrupts right. It shouldn't be too big of a project.

I have an AE Quadralink card. I think the cards are pretty similar.
I want to write a driver for it but first I've got some intvid business
to take care of :)