Subject: Re: Best version for SE-30?
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: Brad Salai <bsalai@servtech.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/20/1997 14:41:17

>>write
>> >
>> >I think that's a 1.2 problem. Try making the console a vt100.
>>
>> That fixed it, should vt100 be the default? seems to be a problem for lots
>> of folks.
>
>I think more recent versions of the console code now act like a vt220
>again.
>
>Take care,
>
>Bill

Thanks, I may upgrade to something closer to -current. I originally thought
that sticking to a "release" version would minimize problems, but that
doesn't seem to be the case. The releases are OK, but things seem to
improve all the time, and more current versions may actually be better in
many respects, and no less stable than releases. I wonder if the "release"
approach doesn't hold people back from using improved versions in some
cases?

Thanks,

Brad

Stephen B. Salai                            Phone (716) 325-5553
Cumpston & Shaw                          Fax    (716) 262-3906
Two State Street                          email bsalai@servtech.com
Rochester, NY 14614