Subject: Re: netbsd problem
To: Bob Nestor <rnestor@metronet.com>
From: John Wittkoski <jpw@netscape.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/19/1997 23:57:12
Bob Nestor wrote:

> Good guess, but not entirely correct.  The LC-II support using MRG became
> available shortly after the code freeze on the 1.2 Release.  In fact both
> the LC-II and LC-III were fixed at about the same time. The 1.2.1 Release
> may have included those fixes, but to be safe I'd grab a copy of one of
> the later snapshots. Both the 2/14/97 and 4/2/97 snapshots do support the
> LC-II and LC-III using the MRG code. There was an early version of
> ADBTEST (160 I think) that should run on the LC-II, but later versions
> may not.  It would be best to check the HWDIRECT Web Page for the current
> list of supported machines.

I've built a new kernel that is the same as the HWDIRECT168 kernel
except
it has the intvidtest 0.4.1 code in it, which I inadvertantly left out.

Unfortunately, after some testing by folks on the net, it appears that
this is not the problem. The boot dies long before the ADB code is even
started, so it's not an ADB issue, either (or, at least, there's
something
else that's broken, so we can't tell if the ADB code is ok)

If you'd like to test the kernel anyway, it's:
ftp://ftp.macbsd.com/pub/outgoing/jpw/kernels/current/HWDIRECT.173.tar.gz

This problem probably affects the LC II, Performa 400/405/430 but may
also
have an impact on the Classic and Classic II.

If you test it, regardless of the results, please let me know so I can
update the status page.

Thanks!

	--John