Subject: Re: Question (yet another ...)
To: None <jhsterne@mindspring.com, marsmail@globegate.utm.edu>
From: None <root@myname.my.domain>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/18/1997 11:59:04
[pppd messages]

I changed /etc/syslog.conf (or whatever it's called) mostly to eliminate
irritating *.notice messages from fwtk, and it appears to have ended
the pppd messages as well.

57600 port + 28.8 modem didn't upset my machine much at all; the ring
overruns were few and far between.  It was only when I was ftping from
the PBase _and_ ftping from the 'Net at the same time that I had a
plethora of ring overruns.

I'd _love_ to compile my own kernel - but I lack the HD space at present.
Thus, I'm using GENERICSBC-26 right now.  Given that more than one of
us is having some problems with ring overruns, I'd hope that Scott (or
whoever is compiling the GENERIC series) would consider bumping up the
zstty buffer for future releases  :)

J.