Subject: Beginner questions
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jesse Swensen <jrs@pagesz.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/16/1997 07:54:04
I have a couple of questions regarding some problems I am having.

First, when UNIX boots is will run a fsck, correct?  When it does it always
reports
	INCORRECT BLOCK COUNT ....
	CORRECT? no
	FREE BLK COUNT(S) WRONG IN SUPERBLK
	SALVAGE? no

I have run fsck myself with the same results.  I realize there is a
problem, but how do I fix it?

Second.  I am having a hard time getting the ethernet/network configured.
I have been reading lots of books, web pages and FAQs but am still stumped.
I have been playing with the hosts, hostname.ae0, myname and mydomain files
and pawing through the rc.local and netstart files.  The problem is I
cannot get the network configured correctly.

I am using a SE/30, 8meg ram, 200meg UNIX partition, and a MacCon ethernet
by Asante. I have a PowerMac 7600 and a Compaq 486 on my little network all
running ethernet.  I can communicate between the 7600 and PC not the SE/30.

My hosts file looks like this:

127.0.0.1	localhost	loopback
10.0.0.1	master.swensen.net	master
10.0.0.2	wantabe.swensen.net	wantabe	pc	win
10.0.0.3	minimac.swensen.net	minimac

My hostname.ae0 looks like:
inet	minimac	10.0.0.3	255.0.0.0	10.0.0.256
dest	10.0.0.3

My myname looks like:
minimac

My mydomain looks like:
swensen.net

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jesse

Jesse Swensen        111 Vashon CT.       (919) 481-3480 (home)
jrs@pagesz.net       Cary, NC  27513      (919) 481-3363 (FAX)

       "Intel Inside" The worlds most used warning label.