Subject: Re: one last question
To: Nicholas Ritter <nritter@mail.lfcds.lfc.edu>
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] <davagatw@Mars.utm.edU>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/15/1997 18:35:33
On 15 May 1997, Nicholas Ritter wrote:

> I now have a working NetBSD system on an LCIII, thanks to you all for
> helping me out so much.
>
> I have one last question though. I don't know that there is a real direct
> answer to this.
>
> Would it max out my BSD server if a I ran:
>
> X Server (to a mac client)

Check your terminology on that one.  The X Server is what you run to
handle the screen display, etc., and the clients are things like xmosaic.
I think you mean run x clients on the BSD server (since AFAIK there's
nothing for MacOS except a server or two).

> IRC server

IRC Server would depend on how much use, but shouldn't draw that much
juice, since there's not that much involved.

David
(On my other account)

|David A. Gatwood                    "My Head or my Heart...  that is   |
|davagatw@mars.utm.edu               the question. To be or not to be   |
|dgatwood@globegate.utm.edu                   is but a trifle."         |
|http://globegate.utm.edu                  http://www.utm.edu/~davagatw |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw             http://www.nyx.net/~dgatwood |