Subject: Quadra 800 booting troubles
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Charles F. Lepple <clepple@azrael.mitre.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/15/1997 13:38:48
Upon learning that NetBSD-current now has support for the Quadra 800,
I decided to attempt to boot and see how far it would get.

Since I don't really want to nuke the HFS partition until I know this
has a chance, I set the booter to use the Mac partition for reading
the kernel.

Whenever I try and boot a kernel, it prints "This kernel is not in a
format that the booter can execute". I've tried the netbsd121 kernel,
miscellaneous GENERIC-xx kernels, even gunzipping the netbsd121
kernel, and I always get the same result.

I have been using booters with versions 1.10, 1.97 and 1.94 with
approximately equal amounts of success.

Is there something blatantly obvious that I am missing? I have even
checked to make sure that I am transferring the files in binary mode,
but the sizes are correct.

Any ideas?

--Charles Lepple
clepple@ai.mitre.org