Subject: Re: Q610
To: James Snow <sno@freebsd.coffeehaus.net>
From: Erik Bertelsen <erik@sockdev.uni-c.dk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/15/1997 08:41:55
On Wed, 14 May 1997, James Snow wrote:

.. I get copyright notices, it notices what machine I'm using, how much RAM
.. I have, a few other things and then the trap, followed by a dump of the
.. registers and the kernel stack.
..
.. AppleTalk is off, nothing is connected to either serial port, and I'm
.. attempting this with 1.2.1.

That's it, I think: The Q610 is not supported with any of the NetBSD
releases (1.2, 1.2.1), but you have to install a more recent snapshot
from the current development version of NetBSD.

Note that NetBSD 1.2.1 is mainly 1.2 with important fixes to various
problems added, but not a "feature release". I don't recall that 1.2.1
itself should support more machines than 1.2.

NetBSD-current is a different beast in this respect with lots of new
features and new machines supported -- in fact I think that most (all)
of the supported 68040 machines require the -current non-released version
of NetBSD.

regards
Erik Bertelsen