Subject: Re: Quadra 840av and MacBSD
To: G. Evans <gevans@televar.com>
From: M. Lamoureaux <c675919@earthlink.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/14/1997 23:13:26
On 5/14/97 10:44 PM, G. Evans digitized the following:

>[snip]
>>
>> For what it's worth, I've had BSD running with X11R6 (In black and white
>> only) on this Quadra using a custom kernel I got from somewhere, but I've
>> lost the address.
>>
>> If anyone knows of the custom kernels that allow the built in video of
>> Quadras to work with X, please post it to the list.
>
>I believe that you are speaking of the madhatter kernels that are
>avaialble from ftp.best.com/pub.s/sbrown/NetBSD/kernels
>
>They are made available by Steve Brown.
>
>Regards,
>
>-Greg Evans (gevans@televar.com)

Thanks for the pointer, but these were not the kernels I used before. I
found what I think is the kernel that I had used before, it is called:
GEDD-203

If anyone has information about the GEDD kernels, let me know. In the
meantime, I will try the Madhatter version out and see how that works
since I am updating to 1.2.1.

Thanks,

Michael Lamoureaux
c675919@earthlink.net