Subject: Quadra 840av and MacBSD
To: netBSD <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: M. Lamoureaux <c675919@earthlink.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/14/1997 19:58:02
Hello,

I have a Quadra 840av that previously had MacBSD running on it, but now I
can't get it going again! I'm using System 7.6 now would that make a
difference?

Basic details: System 7.6, 48MB RAM, 2 MB VRAM, drive is original 240MB
Quantum formatted with Silverlining with 178MB root, 48MB swap and 8MB
Mac partitions.

Ran mkfs_1.4 to build filesystem, then did an install with base12, etc12,
and the Generic-24 kernel using the NetBSD/Mac Install Utility 1.1.

After running the booter, I get the following:

Bootstrapping NetBSD/mac68k.
Faked range to byte 0x3000000.
Bootstrapping the pmap System.
Pmap bootstrapped.
Moving ROMBase from 0x4080000 to 0x987000
Video address 0x50100800 -> 0xb87800

This is where it freezes. I don't remember having this problem before.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Michael Lamoureaux
c675919@earthlink.net