Subject: ethernet problem
To: netbsd-users <netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Nicholas Ritter <nritter@mail.lfcds.lfc.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/14/1997 19:18:00
I am having tried this with two different cards that are on the working
ethernet cards list, and even tried a different machine. I have tried
all of the above (with below configs) using NetBSD/mac68k 1.2, and
1.2.1; with the same results each time.

The Error message I get on bootup is:

ae0 at nubus0: address 00:00:c5:43:ed:50, Type Farallon Ethermac LC-TP,
32k mem

ae0: length does not match packet pointer
ae0: len 0000 nlen ff00 start 0c first 00 curr 83 next 00 stop 80
ae0: NIC memory corrupt - invalid packet length 65280

Now I have tried the following to fix the situation:

1) zapping PRAM
2) using a different NIC card (of the same make and model though)
3) using a different NIC card model (I tried the farallon Ethernet Nubus
card       for IIcx, and the Ethermac LC-TP, 32k)
4) using a different model macintosh (I used the same IIcx (and same NIC)
that I used for NetBSD 1.1, and I also tried an LCIII with an FPU
installed)
5) On the IIcx, I tried both NetBSD 1.2, and NetBSD 1.2.1, with the same
results.

What could I do to fix this situation, that I haven't already tried?

Nicholas Ritter