Subject: AW: identd package
To: 'Steve Carlson' <stevec@accessone.com>
From: Toni Offermanns <tno@westend.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/14/1997 09:05:04
Hi Steve

Get pident-2.8a1.tar.gz from ftp.lysator.liu.se/pub/ident/servers and =
run a make netbsd.

Install it and it simply works perfect

Toni Offermanns Interlink Germany

-----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----
Von:	Steve Carlson [SMTP:stevec@accessone.com]
Gesendet am:	Mittwoch, 14. Mai 1997 05:01
An:	Josh Hope
Cc:	'NETBSD'
Betreff:	Re: identd package

On Tue, 13 May 1997, Josh Hope wrote:

> Speaking of identd, I uncommented the line in /etc/inetd.conf...but it =
has
> never worked for me. I've gone through a few third party identd =
packages,
> but nothing seems to work for me.=20
>=20
> I'm using NetBSD 1.2.1...could it be a bad identd? I'd really like to =
get
> identd up...

You do of course need to send inetd a `/bin/kill -HUP` signal to have it
re-read inetd.conf.  Or restart inetd.  I vaguely remember having =
problems
with identd a few months ago so it it possible you just have a bad copy.
Pidentd is an identd server that should work with NetBSD.  I think it =
has
a program that will test an identd server too.

--
Steve Carlson
stevec@accessone.com