Subject: Re: Screenless Performa575 install probs.
To: Allan Fields <afields@hotmail.com>
From: Nigel Pearson <nigel@ind.tansu.com.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/14/1997 11:48:39
> I have a screenless ( --flybacks dead) Performa 575 that I wish to install
> NetBSD on.

	This will be very difficult, because of:

a) The Performa/LC 575 uses a 68LC040 processor, which has a few floating
   point emulation problems with the NetBSD kernel and libraries.

b) Even ignoring the FP problems, as far as I know no-one has gotten any
   kernel to even boot cleanly on the 575.

	But, if you want to experiment, you should at least be able to
boot with "Serial Echo" on in the booter, which will copy boot output
to a terminal on the serial port.

	As for running the installer, a really old installer may work on
on an SE. Look in ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.0/mac68k/utils/

--
|Nigel Pearson, nigel@ind.tansu.com.au|"so we came up with a golden rule   |
| Telstra IN Platforms, Sydney, Aust. | whatever works for you             |