Subject: Re: More and More Problems =`{
To: C Lee (_JeT_) <clee@jet.samanet.com>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@metronet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/13/1997 21:38:41
>I am able to login as root, and everything (sortof) works fine.  But for
>some odd reason NetBSD thinks my filesystem is read-only :
># touch blah
>touch: blah: Read-only file system
>#

>From the 5/6/97 version of the FAQ:

 5.4.  My filesystem is mounted read-only.  How do I mount it
  read/write?

  Use mount -u /.  More than likely, you booted single-user which mounts
  the Root filesystem read-only by default.  This gives you a chance to
  run fsck by hand before bringing the system up into multi-user.  One
  other way to mount all the filesystems in /etc/fstab as read/write is
  to use mount -a.

  However, the best way to do this is to go into multi-user mode by
  exiting from your single-user shell.  This will mount all of the
  filesystems in /etc/fstab in whatever mode they are listed.