Subject: Screenless Performa575 install probs.
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Allan Fields <afields@hotmail.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/13/1997 14:24:41
     I have a screenless ( --flybacks dead) Performa 575 that I wish to install
NetBSD on.  I am having trouble installing the software since in order to
install it, you must be able to see what you are doing.  I have tried moving the
mouse, and guessing where it will land -- but I just can't get it down to the
point where installation would be feasible.  Anyone got any idea how I can go
about installing NetBSD on this sucker?  Are there text based installation or
partitioning utilities?  And if so will they run over a serial port?  If this
where a sun, I would just attach a serial terminal to it, and start the
installation.  I have a feeling this hardware is quite a bit different -- prove
me wrong.
     By the way, unfortunately this is the *only* mac I have access to, besides
a SE. :(  If I had access to a LC or something like that, I wouldn't have posted
this message.  I have tried to install the stuff from the SE, but it locks-up
when I run the install util.  The SE is not supported, is it?

     Thanx for your time,
     Allan Fields (new to list),
     afields@hotmail.com,
     bort@earthling.net