Subject: Cross-platform networking question
From: David A. Gatwood <marsmail@globegate.utm.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/13/1997 11:17:53
I'm trying to figure out how to use pppd to connect two un*x clones, one a
PB145 Running NetBSD-mac68k (pretty -current), the other a PM7100AV
Running MkLinux DR2.1 Update 1.

First, I know I need to compile a Linux server with Gateway capability
turned on, but....  I decided to try anyway.  Upon running pppd with
defaultroute on both ends, and trying to telnet from one to the other, the
Linux box connects to the NetBSD box, but nothing ever comes up (i.e.
connection is made, but no prompt).  The NetBSD box cannot connect at all
to the Linux box.  Is that just because gateway capability isn't turned
on, or am I missing some important thing (for the addresses, I just used
0.0.0.2 and 0.0.0.3, i.e. same network, different host numbers, but there
are probably some better choices...).

Does anyone know of any pages, etc. about this that might be helpful?

David