Subject: Re: Having problems getting NetBSD to work...
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: C Lee (_JeT_) <clee@jet.samanet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/12/1997 19:50:03
Ooops, I just looked at another mail and copied out the Sender tag :)
What would the latest snapshot be? 1.2.1?

And... I have tried resetting PRAM with Cmd-Opt-PR, and also cleared out
the whole thing by using TechTool Pro, didn't help any.

At 06:12 PM 5/12/97 -0700, you wrote:

>> I am using release 1.2 on a Performa 550, and it isn't seeming to work...
>>
>> I have (amazingly) gotten it installed and all of that worked fine.  But
>> when using the booter utility it goes through the boot process then stops.
>>
>> It starts fine, then it continues and recognizes the other SCSI devices on
>> my system, and mounts SCSI ID 0 as root.  But after that, there is a line
>> that reads :
>> PRAM:0x33748c9e, macos_boottime: 0x33748c89.
>> Then it stops, and does nothing, when I hit return it says :
>> panic: kernel jump to zero
>> then shows the address where the debugger stopped, and puts me to a prompt
>> of 'db>'
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>
>I don't think 1.2 ran on a Performa 550 w/o serial console. Try the
>recent snapshot instead.

-- Chern Lee
clee@jet.samanet.com

)~( http://jet.samanet.com		       JeT.SamaNeT