Subject: Re: Bad super block ?
To: Christoph Ewering <eweri@uni-paderborn.de>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/12/1997 17:13:59
IIRC, the fsck program (actually, fsck_ffs) uses some floating point
operations.  It sounds off the top of my head that your copy was linked
against the normal libraries, rather than the ones that emulate fp.
You'll need to find the fp-emulation libraries for 1.2.1 somewhere (but
please forgive me I don't know where).

BTW, if you should ever get the `bad super block' message without the fp
error, it might mean just what it says - your super block is hosed.  In
that case you can always try one of the alternate super blocks (they were
all listed when you newfs'd or mkfs'd the partition).  And if you've lost
the list of super blocks that was printed, try block #32 - it seems that
32 is almost always an alternate superblock!

=09=09fsck -b 32 ...