Subject: trying to mend ps 4 use with GENERICSBC-30
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul Carter <paul@maclincs.demon.co.uk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/10/1997 22:52:00
HELP

(Please)

The rebuilding ps FAQ tells me :-

   2. Make sure that your include files are up to date. Do
        this by:
           cd /usr/src
           make includes
        This will take a while. I had some trouble with this
        because some of the Makefiles didn't have the INSTALL
        variable defined. Whenever the "make includes" failed,
        I went to the last directory listed and added the
        following line to the Makefile:
           INSTALL= /usr/bin/install
        I had to do this several times before the make finished
        without any errors.

When trying this I get as far as ...

===> domestic/lib/libkrb
cd /usr/src/domestic/lib/libkrb/../../usr.bin/compile_et && make depend && make
nroff -mandoc compile_et.1 > compile_et.cat1
nroff: not found
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.

I have installed all of the NetBSD12 binaries and source
I have installed GENERICSBC-30 (the objective is to get Netatalk working)
Hardware is SE/30 8MB RAM / 400MB root/user space.
The docs for Netatalk BSD are based on working with 1.2 hence I moved back
from 1.2.1... to 1.2

the FAQ goes on to state:-

       (If you make sure that  and all the files in
        /usr/share/mk are up to date first, the above difficulties
        can probably be avoided --Colin)

Can someone tell me what I have to do in order to "make sure that  and all
the files in /usr/share/mk are up to date"

Will fix my problem?

How do I get Netatalk working?

Please help

rgds

Paul Carter

          * Paul Carter * Administrator * MacLincs BBS *
* FirstClass System * Hayes Optima 288 vfast * 2 Lines+44 (0)1427 718950 *
         * P.O Box 10, Saxilby, Lincoln, LN1 2TT. ENGLAND*
              * OneNet Mail:- Paul Carter,MacLincs  *