Subject: Re: X on Q800
To: Kunihiro Fujimoto <fujimoto@math.tsukuba.ac.jp>
From: Stephen Brown <sbrown@best.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/09/1997 00:39:21
At about Madhatter #39 or #40, I started using the same code from
-current for the internal video detection(but still using the old
code for setting the video addresses).  The -current code should
be accessing the DAFB hardware to try to find out if the internal
video is there.  This code works fine for the Q610, and Q700, but
might not be right for the Q800(although I really thought the Q800
was very close to the Q610 in architecture - they share the same
developer notes).  Could you try an earlier version "madhatter"
kernel(perhaps #37) or the latest generic kernel and let me know
how it works??  Also,  let the list know what monitor you're using
and what mode/resolution.

I think I've seen updates made in the last few weeks to "grf_iv.c"
so this may be a problem that's fixed already.  If possible, do try
the latest "generic" kernel and let me know how it goes.

Steve Brown,
sbrown@best.com

p.s.  You might also verify that you have the /dev/grf0 device file
	(although I think even without that it will list the grf lines
	in the dmesg).