Subject: 3-button mice that work (Re: X WINDOWS WORKS ON PB160 !!!)
To: None <ADAMGOOD@delphi.com>
From: Ken and Masami Nakata <masami@fa2.so-net.or.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/09/1997 08:24:51
On Thu, 08 May 1997 13:33:46 -0400 (EDT),
ADAMGOOD@delphi.com wrote:

> As an aside, does anyone know of a 3-button mouse that will work without
> hassles for MacBSD (and will it work with the PB160)?

MicroSpeed MacMouse Delux, or anything that talks Apple Extended Mouse
Protocol.  As EMP pointing devices, I've seen people (incl. me)
mention these:

	Logitech TrackMan (apparently not Marble),
	Logitech MouseMan, and
	ALPS Glide Point

NOTE: Logitech seems to have made a bad decision of making slight
variations in their ADB protocols.  So, while my TrackMan and another
person's MouseMan work, there are others whose MouseMen don't work.  I
don't fully understand the nature of the problem, but as the ADB guy
John Wittkoski himself owns a "bad" MouseMan, I'm sure it will be
resolved in the future.

If you go for MicroSpeed, you have to make sure the switch at the
bottom of the mouse is in the right position or it won't work.  I
think the right position is "MS-2KEY", but I can be wrong on this one.
Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers,

Ken