Subject: Re: X WINDOWS WORKS ON PB160 !!!
To: Michael R Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] <davagatw@Mars.utm.edU>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/08/1997 21:48:22
On Thu, 8 May 1997, Michael R Zucca wrote:

> > me to just let it sit for a while because sometimes X can take a while
> > to come up.  Well, he was right.  It takes QUITE a while.  Like about
> > 4 minutes.  But IT WORKS!  Amazing.
>
> Good. However, I'm wondering why it took *so* long for X to come up.
> It should come up faster than that. Are you running in only 4 megs of
> RAM?

More importantly, does that have an FPU?  Has anyone ever run X on an
fpu-less mac with any reasonable degree of success?  (Yeah, I know it'd be
plodding on the PB145 compared to the PM7600 under linux-pmac, but...  :-)
Just curious.

David

|David A. Gatwood                    "My Head or my Heart...  that is   |
|davagatw@mars.utm.edu               the question. To be or not to be   |
|dgatwood@globegate.utm.edu                   is but a trifle."         |
|http://globegate.utm.edu                  http://www.utm.edu/~davagatw |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw             http://www.nyx.net/~dgatwood |