Subject: Re: Inadvertent inversion :)
To: Michael R Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
From: David A. Gatwood <marsmail@globegate.utm.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/08/1997 21:33:52
On Thu, 8 May 1997, Michael R Zucca wrote:

> > Underlining seems a bit wrong too, as there are lots of instances where
> > underlines extend from their proper positions in the body of the
> > indented man page text to the left edge of the screen. Functional but
> > ugly... have either of these things happened to other folks?
>
> It didn't used to do this. Apparently a bug has crept into the console
> code.

I think this came up a couple of months ago, but for some reason I thought
somebody had added in the code to handle it, about the time of the 1.2
release, when some new stuff was added to the termcap file for vt220 that
the console didn't support.

> For now use dt which lets you have multiple linux-like consoles with
> mouse cutting, pasting and scrolling. The blitting code used in dt
> is more efficient than that of the console and it also allows you
> to run with black text on white.

Good call.  Upon looking at /var/log/messages, I notice that grf0 is
initialized (whether it works or not is another question) on my PB145, so
I may just dl dt (the ole IIsi's several versions behind, and 1.1_ALPHA
still).

David