Subject: Re: Other questions
To: None <ADAMGOOD@delphi.com, port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Duncan <jddst19+@pitt.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/08/1997 14:04:54
At 01:36 PM 5/8/97 -0400, ADAMGOOD@delphi.com wrote:

>up it gives me the message:
>
>cannot open load file: term/x-win

This is an emacs-specific file. Read the readmes in the distribution
about putting files where they belong, and telling the mac where they are.

>Will sleep mode and power saving features ever be enabled on the PB series?

hopefully :) Would be nice, since pc-arcs have apm working on their machines.
It seems to me that somewhere apple must have given this info to MkLinux.

>Is the console slow to scroll (i.e. with things like man pages) or is it
>my imagination?  If it's not my imagination, why is it slow?

ite0 (generic console) is very slow. Do you want to write a new driver for it,
with accelerated bitblts, and buffering, so it can be fast? It's not too much
of a hassle, because dt and x do it better. Slow scrolling was terrible on
my IIcx with a radius tpd/19.

Hope i helped,
-john