Subject: Re: ADBTEST/HWDIRECT pages updated
To: Andy Fyfe <bandr@best.com>
From: Takashi Hamada <hamada@next.etron.kanazawa-it.ac.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/08/1997 09:38:43
At 4:43 97.5.5, Andy Fyfe wrote:
> I have been having trouble getting a current kernel to work with my PB180
                [ snip ]
> With a patch provided by Allen Briggs, I have been able to build a kernel
> based on the current sources that gets past the single preserving symbols
> line.
> With a MRG_ADB kernel, I get as far as
>
> mrg: '2nd Powerbook class ROMs' ROM glue, tracing off, debug off, silent
> traps
> mrg: I/O map kludge for ROMs that use hardware addresses directly.
> adb: bus subsystem
>
> before the system hangs.  Without the MRG_ADB option, I get

MRG-based ADB driver for the PowerBook series has not been completed yet.
It had worked on former kernel (before 2/7/97), but it doesn't on current.
I guess this problem is caused by current pmap function. I may have to
make changes to some sources to be fit for current pmap function.

> before the system hangs.  Without the MRG_ADB option, I get
                 [ snip ]
> kernel: Address error trap
> pid = 0, pc = 00088834, ps = 2700, sfc = 0001, dfc = 0001
> Registers:

This is odd...
I've confirmed that current kernel works on my PB550c, but I've not
confirmed if current kernel works on PB1xx series. I'll check if
current kernel works on PB180 later.

Later,

--
 Takashi Hamada