Subject: Re: Terminal Settings??? Telnet...
To: G. Evans <gevans@televar.com>
From: David A. Gatwood <marsmail@globegate.utm.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/07/1997 22:52:58
On Wed, 7 May 1997, G. Evans wrote:

> While telnetting into my machine today (and on previous days) I have
> noticed that whenever I do any sort of 'ls' command (e.g. ls, ls -a, etc.)
> I get the following type of output on my screen:
>
> g_evans# ls -a
> .               .cshrc          .login          .profile
> public_html

Look into stty (try man stty, or just type stty and see what things are
set in each shell, compare the two), and I think you'll find your answer.
Though I forget the exact syntax, there should be something about crlf
conversion, make sure that new lines are sent as both a nl and a cr.
Since it's causing problems for csh-based shells and not sh (bourne) based
shells, try looking in your .cshrc or .login files for the problem.

Hope that helps,
David