Subject: 165c Problems
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christoph Ewering <eweri@uni-paderborn.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/07/1997 09:49:21
Hello!

This is just for the one who needs information of NetBSD and the
PowerBooks.

Last night i tried to run NetBSD1.2.1 on my 165c and I ran in some
problems.

good news: (Generic#30)
- keyboard and trackball are recognized
- boot starts in B/W and 256 colors
- LCD-Display works.

But here comes some disappointments:
- filesystem is always damaged
- boot stops at bad filesystem
- after running fsck -y and (ctrl)-D the bootprocess get further
 but a lot segmentation faults occured.
- sometimes it rans into debugger sometimes it told me something about
to much ... and than nothing happens.

I don't know if the disk is bogus, because this disk is from a friend
who can't use it anymore for Linux after a crash, but it runs without
any problem on MacOS.

So I'm unable to determine if it is a problem with the disk or with
NetBSD. If i got the time i will try out the GENERICSBC#30.

Could this be a solution to the problems above?

Thanks, bis denn,
	Christoph

Christoph Ewering         eweri@uni-paderborn.de
Husarenstrasse 48         Fon: 05254 12555
33104 Paderborn           www.uni-paderborn.de/Admin/eweri/