Subject: Stylewriter II woes
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mark Andres <mark@giganet.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/06/1997 14:56:16
Hi,

I have been fighting all morning to get my Stylewriter II printing out in
under NetBSD.  Here is what I have done so far.  I downloaded the
stylewriter driver kit, ghostscript (pre-compiled from ftp.macbsd.com),
and nenscript.  I compiled the driver which should work with the sw2
according to the docs.  I then set up gs and nenscript according to the
docs.  I have eliminated problems in my set-up, but now I am stuck.  If I
try to print either a text file (nenscript | gs | lpstyl) or a postscript
file (gs | lpstyl) I get the same error messages in /var/log/lpd-errs:

/usr/local/bin/lpstyl: printing started, pid = 25779.
/usr/local/bin/lpstyl: Bad header format in input file (4)
/usr/local/bin/lpstyl: printing finished, exiting.

Does this mean that gs is creating a bad file that the print driver cannot
handle?  If I use ghostview with gs, I can view ps files without any
problem.  Any help, greatly appreciated.

BTW, I also tried compiling gs version3.33, but it wants the *source* for
version 5.x of the jpeg files.  All I could find was version 6a and the gs
make does not like version 6a.

Mark Andres             E-mail: mark@giganet.net
    Running NetBSD and 100% Microsoft Free!