Subject: X-Windows
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David JunQuan He <djh2@axe.humboldt.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/05/1997 21:09:02
Hi,
	I followed instructions from the
http://puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us/macbsd/macbsd-docs/faq
for installing X-Windows (X11R6) but I still can't get X running!  When I
executed startx and it said, "/usr/libexec/ld.so: xinit: libXext.so.6.1: no
such file or directory".
I have edited the /etc/rc.local file corrected and I created a .xinitrc
file on the home directory with the following lines:
twm &
xterm -sb -geometry 80x24+0+0 -name login

When I logged into NetBSD as root and I executed ls, the background files
like .login, .profile, .cshrc are visible.  Does anyone know why this
happened?

Another question:
	How can I copy files from the MacOS partition to NetBSD partition?
I downloaded some files from the internet and I want to put them into the
NetBSD's root directory!
Thanks!

--David--