Subject: modem
To: Mac68K Port-List <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Riccardo Mottola <rmottola@spm.it>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/05/1997 21:37:00
Hi...

even if I get a lot of helpful messages, I can't do anything good with
my modem.

To use a getty.

People suggested me to get out the stty line, use only getty and set
ther modem internal settings? Any modem can do it? I have a 2400
Hayes-compatible external modem. Which works and I have on the mac
partition Zterm and Internet stuff.. How do I set teh internal
settings like answering or so? I don't have the manual of the modem
because it is not mine. I should also set "echo back" option off.

To use internet.

I downloaded Bill's ppd script and configured following about the
settings which I have in FreePPP and TCP/IP under Mac. What it happens
is that the number is never dialed and it tries to start PPP
connection without dialing, just directly over the carrier. There is
no error message and I set the phone number in the file. What can I
do?

Thanks again,

   Dick