Subject: Re: How do you break to the debugger?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/04/1997 15:14:50
On Sun, 4 May 1997, Rick Hawkins wrote:
> leading to the next question:  once dumped into the debugger
> voluntarily, is there a way to kill the offending process & return?  I
> still get occasional dumps remounting my zip . . .

Voluntarily or involuntarily? If you really mean voluntarily, it's
probably best to type "c" to continue, then kill stuff from a shell
prompt. If you've hosed your console and can't get a shell though, you can
do "ps" to get a process list, then "call psignal(0xwhatever, 0xf)", where
0xwhatever is the second column, "proc", of the ps listing... (_not_ the
pid). The 0xf is signal 15, SIGTERM. You can send other signals such as
SIGHUP (0x1) or SIGKILL (0x9) if you'd like... Then do the "c" to
continue.

If you meant involuntarily though, the kernel is pretty unhappy and
there's probably nothing you can do to save it... just hit "c" and let it
dump and reboot :)

Dahan: Hani G Y+C 21 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++