Subject: Re: NetBSD and IOMEGA ZIP
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rick Hawkins <rhawkins@iastate.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/03/1997 09:51:00
> Hi all,  Can I install NetBSD on a ZIP, so I can use with my LCII?

Yes.  generally check the recent archives, but you can, and i've done
it.  You must, however, use an SBC kernel (for the differetn scsi
driver).

I think that it's sbc.16 that is compatible with the 1.2.1 release
(someone correct me if i'm wrong).

Also, ignore the zip-howto.  Get mkfs1.4, and replace the first 0 in teh
suggestions it pops up with with 64.

Also, if you use the modified hd/sc (and some otheres) to format, you
must save a tiny partition at the end of the disk.  Delete the mac
partition, put on a partiton you want (say, 80mb), then a swap (say,
20mb), then a 1k swap (or whatever).  Mkfs1.4 misses the last partition
written by hd/sc.  *do not* make this partition first; it must be the
last logical partition (physical doesn't matter).

rick