Subject: Re: network on IIcx
To: Hunter Modes <hmodes@cdnow.com>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/02/1997 13:30:05
> meow..
>
> i have a IIcx running 1.2 with the generic kernal, and i can't seem to get
> networking to work..  Can anybody point me to a faq for macbsd networking?
> I can't seem to find one on the official macbsd site..

Look harder ;-)  Try:

http://www.macbsd.com/macbsd/howto/

There is one for people who use Open Transport under MacOS and one for
those who use MacTCP.

> Also, I have an Apple Ethernet NB Card dated 1993 with a Sonic-T DP83932
> chip which, when the machine boots, is shown as "not configured".  Is this
> part of my problem?  Does the generic kernal have support for this card?
> Does this card work at all in macbsd?

In general, the Apple Ethernet NB card is known to _not_ work under NetBSD
because is has a 68000 processor on it to help reduce the load on the main
processor (or so I've heard).

I hope this helps some.

Later.