Subject: Re: Mac68k Dream Instalation
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: None <Nerobro@aol.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/01/1997 19:39:01
Oh well, You have asked for The details of My problems, here I go.

First off Where in the heck can I find a newer kernel, my curent one in
3months old.  I am asking for server and directory, it really took me a week
to find this one.

Next..... With my Xproblems.  What server will I find x on and what version
should I download, last time I came across it I think I downloaded the (don't
hold me to this) netbsd version.  Then I was wondering how to get it onto my
hda2 (my UNIX partition)  I do have a supermac video card for now I want to
use the internal video (I can deal with mono... I use and like plusses)  I am
guessing I could use the install program to transfer it.

Finally I want to get this thing on the net so I don't have to deal with all
these install problems.  I want my FTP. (thinking Men-at-work...)  But when I
try to run NetBSD it gives me a core dump.  There are not more details to
that... It just dumps, and tells me that it does.  It may be the old kernel,
I think.  I am using an ancient kernel generic-9, don't tease, I can't find
the newer ones.

If any of you were wondering i have a IIsi with 17megs of ram and a 699meg,
80meg, and a 1.2gig finaly a zipdrive.  I am running on an 80meg partition
untill I get all the bugs solved, then the 699meg will be used for the unix
and swap partitions.