Subject: skeletal login files - what to do?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: brian wildasinn <bwildasi@csulb.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/01/1997 13:59:00
i read this in the faq pages...but have no clue how to configure the
skeletal login files. Does anyone have some examples? The man pages
totally kill me due to lack of examples. i'm still trying to get a Q700
running netbsd1.2D to accept a new user, but the system needs some more
love i see (my last mailer was "passwd - what to do?" fsck upon
single-user boot fixed one error--thank bill--, but the rest remain).

ps. file copies into the home dir include all files for sh and csh
login, etc., per advice from author of article "Life after >installing
netbsd".

>5.13 What files do I need to configure in order run NetBSD?
>...       /usr/share/skel/* - skeletal login files
>
>In general, if there is some facility that you need to configure,
>there is probably a man page for it in section (5) of the man pages.
>Thanks to Brian Gaeke (brg@dgate.org) for the above information.

Any help is appreciated!

Brian Wildasinn
bwildasi@csulb.edu