Subject: Two wierd thing . . .
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <ADAMGOOD@delphi.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/01/1997 13:05:21
Hi all,

OK, I've gotten the PMTEST.961214.122.iv.ncr.tar.gz kernel to boot (sometimes)
on my PB160.  NO OTHER KERNEL WORKS AT ALL.

This one kinda works.  Actually, I don't think the problems I'm having are
related to the kernel.

First, the whole thing booted multi-user several times, and now it won't.
It hangs in the rc script where it should be setting the tty flags with
ttyflags -a (or whatever the command is).  If I comment out this line, it
continues with the boot process, reaching the multi-user prompt.  I don't
think that this is a particularly robust solutioin however.  Can anyone
please tell me how to fix this (and why it worked a few times before)?

The other problem is with ps.  It doesn't work - it gives some sort of error
about mismatched proc size or something.  I installed NetBSD1.2.1 on a
clean filesystem though, so I can't see how ps would be out of sync with
the libkvm or whatever it says in the FAQ.  Again, if anyone can help with
this I would be very appreciative.

Thanks so much any help.  I can't believe that any kernel works at all!

-Adam