Subject: Re: Apple EtherNet NB Card #2
To: Kawasak! Yuusuke <ariakira@creator.club.or.jp>
From: Michael R Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/01/1997 11:29:57
> Thank you very much for many advices. I lost hope with the 68000 cpu on
> the card. --Whoever don't know how to treat him!-- Finally I gave up use
> of the card. Because I have the other card. :-)

:) Maybe someday somebody will get the 68000 card to work.

> ----
> APPLE COMPUTER, INC. 820-0511-A
> APPLE ETHERNET NB TWISTED-PAR CARD (C) 1993
>
> SONIC-T DP83934AVQB K9336AJ PANTENTED (C)(M) 1992
>
> SN74BCT2425PQ 9336AR 3167617
>
> SN74ACT2441PQ 9334XN 3167236
> ----
>
> The card's interface is 10 BASE-T. There is `COMPAQ' mark on the card.
> The card also has SONIC chip, but no 68000 cpu. Then I tried the card
> under GENERIC-29. At the booting:
>
> ----
> ae0 at nubus0: failed to determin size of RAM.
> ----
>
> Ummm. DP83934-SONIC is also not supported?

I am also forwarding this message to the NetBSD mailing list so that
the people working on SONIC support might see this problem.

The kernel seems to think the card is a non-Sonic ethernet card. You can
tell because it says *ae0*. Sonic cards say "sn0".

I think there is a listing of cards in kernel that the Sonic driver checks
for. Perhaps your card hasn't made it into that list yet. Hopefully the
person working on Sonic driver development will see this message and
add it to the supported cards list.