Subject: Re: boot up problems on LCII
To: Newell Ramsey <nrramse@excalibur.onate.nmhs.edu>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/30/1997 01:09:37
> 	I have a Mac LCII 10/40 and a 1 gig external hard drive (for which
> I have placed all files for NetBSD/mac68k 1.2.1) running system 7.0.1.  I
> installed all the files as directed (using installer1.1), and have
> partitioned my hard drive to accomodate the unix filesystem.  My problem
> is that when I boot up I get the following on my screen, then the system
> freezes:

[problem description deleted]

I think that the problem is that you are using the 1.2.1 kernel.  Although
support for the LCIII made it into 1.2.1, I don't think that the LCII is
supported by that patch release.  If you get a copy of a more recent
-current kernel (like GENERIC#27 or GENERIC#29), this might work a bit
better.

I hope this helps.

Later.