Subject: Need help with filesystem (?) problem...
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tobias Beal <tbeal41@maine.maine.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/29/1997 15:10:09
Hi everyone-
I could benefit from an expert's insight on this one...  I've got an
"almost" running system with a couple of glitches.  My machine is a
IIci-  I've installed the 121 distribution (most, anyway) on a spare 80
meg drive to try to make the transition over from Linux.  Like I said,
the system runs for the most part (it's a IIci using a Quantum 80 HD).
Each time I boot, I get the message "mode sense (4) returned nonsense;
using fictitious geometry."  The system seems to run fine for the most
part-  all of the system binaries work fine-  everything else _seems_ to
be there but acts like it's not (i.e. games, x, etc...).  All the files
seem to be there, but I get "command not found" anytime I try to run
anything.
I admit in advance that I've probably made some stupid oversight in
creating the filesystem or formatting the drive or something like that,
but I've tried things a few different ways and the problem is not
jumping out at me.  Any opinions on this one would be greatly
appreciated!

Thanks,

Tobias