Subject: PowerBook 160
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <ADAMGOOD@delphi.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/29/1997 14:43:31
Hi again,

I tried a bunch of kernels on my PB160, and here's what happened.  Only one
worked - PMTEST.961214.122.iv.ncr.tar.gz.  This one boots past single user
but won't give me a command prompt.  It hangs after getting through
initializing local deamons and printing the date.  It then says:
init: changing kernel mode from 0 to 1 (or something like that), and then
accepts input from the keyboard, but otherwise won't do anything.

The following kernels don't get past preserving a portion of the NetBSD
symbol table (first line after the booter exits):
netbsd-20.tgz, HWDIRECT.168.tar.gz (surprising), and GENERIC-0.tar.gz (from
the OpenBSD directory).

Thanks for any help with and attention to this!

-Adam