Subject: Re: What processor does the Classic use?
To: David A. Gatwood <marsmail@globegate.utm.edu>
From: G. Evans <gevans@televar.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/28/1997 10:57:25
On Mon, 28 Apr 1997, David A. Gatwood wrote:

> Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 12:09:19 -0500 (CDT)
> From: "David A. Gatwood" <marsmail@globegate.utm.edu>
> To: port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG
> Subject: What processor does the Classic use?

I believe that (if memory serves me correctly) the Classic runs a 68020
processor.

-Greg

> I'm assuming the Mac Classic (not II) isn't supported, since it's not
> listed on the pages at puma.  It was built after the SE/30, right?
> So it's a 68030, I assume, right?  Has anyone tried NetBSD on one?
> Recently?  I know that'd be dog slow, but we have one just sitting here
> (in the Foreign Language Computer Lab).  I thought if it were usable, I'd
> let it take some load off our MkLinux box....  ;-)
>
> (Somewhere in the back of my mind, I think I remember something from a few
> months ago on this, but it's been ages.  And BTW, whatever happened to
> the "not working and will likely never be == IIfx" part of the machine
> status list?  :-)
>

> David

-Greg Evans (gevans@televar.com)

<obligatory.signature>

  The Box said Win '95 or better - So I used a Macintosh!
			-Harold Herbert Tessman

   The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining
   armour to lead all customers out of a mire of technological
   chaos neatly ignores the fact that it was he who, by peddling
   second-rate technology, led them into it in the first place.
			-Douglas Adams, on Windows '95

</obligatory.signature>