Subject: Re: No response on routed problem?
To: Mark Andres <mark@giganet.net>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/27/1997 11:47:32

> Hi,
>
> As mentioned by others, there is probably not enough info to go on here.
> But my question to you would be why not just disable routed.  I am
> assuming that you are not using your NetBSD system as a router.  If so,
> there is no need to have routed on.  If you have an /etc/rc/conf file, you
> should be able to turn it off there.  Otherwise, you will probably have to
> comment out a section in the /etc/rc file.

That should be /etc/rc.conf. As long as I've been involved w/ NetBSD
(since 1.0B or so), there has been a config file with options to
control how the net stuff starts. It used to be in the top of netstart,
and now these variables live in /etc/rc.conf. But all you have to do is
just switch the routed line to "NO", and then it'll stop. You don't
have to comment anything out.

Take care,

Bill