Subject: Re: modifier keys
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rick Hawkins <rhawkins@iastate.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/26/1997 16:51:31
> Hmmm...I'm kinda surprised that a Kensington trackball would work at all
> (several others have been reported to cause trouble on boot ;-)

If it's spinnging, BadThings happen--a slew of adbcleanup:nothing returned and a hang.
otherwise, it behaves (save for that loose connection problem).

> Anyway, if you get a chance, you can run it through a program called ADB
> Parser (either that or ADB Prober), and it will tell you a whole bunch of
> interesting stuff.  There might be a mode where the mouse will send a mask
> of button presses rather than emulating a keyboard...

Would I find that at macorchard, or is it going to be more specialized than that?

I don't think the mouse itself is that smart; it requires the driver to actually be
loaded, rather than merely for setup.Inside are just two IC's, one with a v4.0r1 label,
and another with what looks like a national semi condutor logo (m9212LP339)m a couple
of 5-pin clear things i don't recognize labeld "sd1" and "sd2", and a bunch of discrete
stuff.

oh, and on boot it is identified as a 200dpi as opposed to 100dpi for the mouse.

rick