Subject: Re: Install help
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jeremy Bushman <jbushman@mwci.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/25/1997 16:32:52
Yes, the screen does clear to all white. Here is the output I see:

I tell it to boot. (I am assuming standard boot messages)

set mac68k vrsrc ent0  (last thing before it clears screen)
*Screen clears*
[Preserving 94139 bytes of netbsd symbol table]

Then it hangs.

I am using Booter version 1.9.5.... Should I try version 1.10.0 that was
posted the other day?

Thanks,
Jeremy

>> I just tried to install NetBSD 1.2.1 onto a 200 MB SyQuest cart on my LC
>> 475. Installation went well, but when it came time to boot to BSD, my
>> system hung. Not knowing if it was an extension/driver conflict, I
>> rebooted w/o any extensions, and tried booting BSD again. This time it
>> got further, but still hung.  I have the boot log (only one line in it),
>> which to me is not all that much help. Is it because of the SyQuest
>> install? I looked for the mentioned FAQ, but was unable to find it. Is it
>> a problem w/my computer? I have seen people on the list using 610's and
>> other 040 macs. Any ideas? TIA.

>Others can correct me if that computer should work. The full 040 upgrade
>will certainly help.
>Did it get as far as clearing the screen to all white? If so, the booter's
>boot log is probably not needed, but any messages printed on the screen
>after the screen clear ARE needed. What booter are you using?

>> I am going to try to install again on a 500 MB HD to see if that helps
>> anything.

>Show us what it prints on the screen first. Since we can read the kernel
>from MacOS (if desired), you can actually get very far into the boot
>before the harddisk is touched.

>Take care,

>Bill

Jeremy Bushman                      Home         319-582-4195
1834 North Ct.
Dubuque, IA  52002                 jbushman@mwci.net