Subject: Re: your mail (ethernet question)
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/25/1997 14:26:41
> I don't know what to ask. I think the fact that macii's ethernet card won't
> ifconfig is a BAD sign. I bet the ping failure is a symptom of this
> problem.

I think this is the crux of the problem.  I think it's related to the
fact that the RasterOps Colorboard 364 is not a known beastie as far
as interrupt handling goes.  I would have expected a hang on the macII
instead of a timeout, though.  Hmm...  Although, if the interrupt was
already triggered and the IRQ line was basically wedged in the
"interrupt active" state, it might not trigger a processor interrupt...

In any event, it would probably be worthwhile to get a video card into
the MacII on which we can clear video interrupts, or follow the
information on http://www.macbsd.com/macbsd/howto/video.html to help
make that card a supported video card.  I should warn you, though, that
the Colorboard 264 code looks a bit hairy and I doubt the 364 is any
simpler...

-allen

--
              Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@macbsd.com